Today is a very exciting day, because I finally get to share my photos of a few patterns I tested for Willow & Company’s Wanderlust Collection. This beautiful collection of patterns will go on sale on Tuesday, April 22! I was fortunate enough to be chosen to test 3 of these patterns and I can’t wait to buy the rest next week! I tested the Hawthorn Zip-Up Sweatshirt, the Kudzu Cargo Pants, and the Ash Jumpsuit patterns! I’m separating these into 3 separate posts, so take a look at my other 2 posts too!
Ok, last but not least, I tested the Ash Jumpsuit (and separates). I actually made this pattern 3 times…I just couldn’t stop…such a fun thing to make. For my tester version, I made the separates (pants + halter top) in a size 12-18 months (blended to a 2 just in the belly of the shirt, as Lulu has a big belly!). with a band at the hem of the halter top. I used some awesome fabric that my mom bought while she lived in China a few years ago. It is hand Batiked and dyed cotton! So amazing… And my mom was nice enough to overnight it to me to make this! I’m pretty spoiled ;-). I chose to use some pink and white seersucker fabric as a contrast to finish the neckline and arm holes/back. I also added a big change-purse looking pocket that wasn’t included in the pattern.
I love this and she wears it all the time! These pants seriously fit her like a glove and are such a great, basic pants pattern for a little girl!
After I saw all the other test versions, I was having some serious jump-suit envy, so I made the jump-suit version in a straight size 12-18 months (probably should have blended to a 2 in the belly again). I changed it up a bit, by not using the halter band piece, but instead just extending the bias tape from the armholes and tying it in back! I also added a little yellow pocket cut from a scrap of vinyl I had. I love this!
Just this past weekend, I bought some fabric at Joann’s and when I got it home, I felt like my mustard linen and light floral Swiss dot cotton were the perfect combo for some summer pants and shirt for Lucy, so I made another version very similar to my test version, except this time instead of finishing the edges with contrasting bias tape, I cut the
facing piece that comes with the pattern from the main fabric and finished the edge to the inside. I made this halter the same size as the first (12-18 months blended to 2 in the belly), but I decided to up to the size 2 in the pants, just so they’ll fit her longer! I also added a little drawstring to these pants! Ugh, it is so hard to get pictures of this child! Here’s the best I could do…